The word Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is from the Sanskrit language and is a combination of the two word- “Ashva” it means horse, and “gandha” means to smell. The Ashwagandha root has a strong fragrance that is described as “horse-like.” Ashwagandha root is a herb of the ages. It is known as an ‘indian ginseng’ in Ayurveda and is considered an ‘adaptogen, a term used to define herbs that improve physical energy and athletic ability, it increases immunity to fight against colds and infections. Ashwagandha is also very helpful to increase sexual strength and fertility.
Latin Names- Withania somnifera,
Common Names: Ashwagandha herbs, Winter Cherry, Ashgandh, Achuvagandi, Amikkira-gadday, Amkulang-kalang, , Asagandha, Asana, Asgandh, Asundha, Asvagandhi, Fatarfoda, Hirre-gadday, Penneroo-gadda, Pevette, Sogade-beru
Ayurvedic properties: Rasa:- Tikta, Katu Guna:- Laghu, Snigdha
Veerya:- Ushna Vipaka:- Madhura
Effects on doshas:- It is Kapha–Vatta shamak.
Chemical constituents and uses of Withania somnifera: Withania somnifera contains alkaloids, steroids, lactones. These include tropine and cuscohygrine, withanolides, withaferin A.
Which form of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is best?
You can use Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) roots powder directly, but it is better if you take its in extract based capsule foam.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Benefits:
- Withania somnifera has anti-inflammatory, antitumor, anti-stress, antioxidants, brain boosting, immunity enhancing and rejuvenating properties. It is also used for treating memory loss.
- Withania somnifera is natural nutrients for insomnia and can use as a nervine tonic.
- Withania somnifera contains chemicals that might help calm the brain, reduce swelling (inflammation), lower blood pressure, and alter the immune system.
- It is blood tonifier that improve circulations and absorption of nutrients from the cell.
- It is a powerful aphrodisiac. It is also used for sexual vitality as an adaptogen.
- It restores neurotransmitters and hence useful in https://deepayurveda.com.au/product/motor-neuron-disease/various mental disorders. It also good for muscle fatigue, and neck/ back stiffness and Tiredness.
- Ashwagandha is also beneficial in Joint pains and all type of arthritis.
- It is very good herbal remedy for Blood Pressure.
- Ashwagandha also using in diabetic neuropathy & weakness due to Diabetes.
- It is also a great role to treat erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Alos increase low sperm count.
Precaution: Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is not recommended in case of hyperthyroidism or pregnancy. Excess doses of Ashwagandha can have a hypnotic effect.
For more information about usage & dosage of ashwagandha pls visit our nearest clinic or write us at : email@example.com