Giloy Benefits for Immunity & Antiviral Medicinal Herb
Giloy is also known as the queen of all herbs and is supposed to be the nectar of god Indra, that’s why it is considered Amrita. Giloy is also used in the promotion, and restoration of health and makes you ready for holistic well-being. Giloy Benefits for Immunity & antioxidant property. It is helpful to fight against various respiratory problems, reduces asthmatic symptoms, improves digestion, boost the immune system and protects your body from various infections.
- Botanical Name : Tinospora cordifolia
- Common Name : Guduchi, Giloy
- Sanskrit : Amrtavalli, Amrita, Madhuparni, Guducika, Guduchi
- Punjabi : Gilo, Garham, Garum
- Tamil : Seendal, Seendilkodi
- Urdu : Gilo
- Gujrati : Galac, Garo
- Kannada : Amrutaballi
- Kashmiri : Amrita, Gilo
- Malayalam : Chittamrutu
- Marathi : Gulvel
- Oriya : Guluchi.
Synonymous of Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia):
In other words, giloy can be named as : guduchi, amrita, jwarari, jwarnashini, guduchika, jivantika, tantrika, dhara, nagakanyaka, bhishakpriya, madhuparni, somvalli.
Classification of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia):
- Kingdom : Plantae
- Sub-Kingdom : Viridiplantae
- Infra Kingdom : Streptophyta
- Super Division : Embryophyta
- Division : Tracheophya
- Sub Division : Spermatophytina
- Class : Magnoliopsida
- Super Order : Ranunculanae
- Order : Ranunculales
- Family : Menispermaceae
- Genus : Tinospra
- Species : T. Cordifolia
Ayurvedic Properties of Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia):
- Taste (rasa) : Tikata, and Kshayam (Bitter & Astringent)
- Quality (guna) : Heavy (guru), and Unctuous (snigdh)
- Potency (potency) : Hot (ushna)
- Vipaka (resultant) : Sweet (madhura)
- Effect on Doshas : Pacifies vata, pitta, and kapha dosha
- Prabhava : Rejuvenative, adaptogen, and immunomodulator.
Karma of Giloy According to Ayurveda :
- Krimihara : Effective to relieve intestinal worms
- Vamihara : Relieve vomiting
- Prameha : Useful to manage diabetes, and urinary tract disorders
- Shwasa : Used to cure breathing, (dyspnoea), asthma, Bronchitis
- Arsha : Effective to cure piles
- Rakhtapittahara : Alleviates bleeding disorders
- Vayaha sthapana : Antiaging
- Balya : Provide strength
- Agnideepani : Improves digestion power
- Amahara : Prevent the formation of ama.
Due to its Ayurvedic properties, and chemical constituents, Giloy is very effective in the management of Fever, Dengue, Cough, Diabetes, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Joint Pain, Swelling, Urinary disorders, Kidney stones, Blood disorders, etc. It purifies the blood and eliminates harmful toxins from the body as well as from blood and prevent various skin diseases like Acne, Psoriasis, and Eczema. Giloy benefits for immunity and work as an antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, digestive, carminative, cardiotonic, expectorant, aphrodisiac, rejuvenating, galacto-purifier and tonic. Its known as Antiviral Medicinal Herb
Chemical Constitutes of Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia):
Giloy contains tinospron, palmarin, tinosporin, columbin, chasmanthin, berberine, tinosporic acid, tinosporol, giloin, giloinisin, substituted pyrrolidine, aditerpenoid furanolactone, 18-norclerodane diterpene-O-glucoside, octacosanol, nonacosan-15-one and beta-sitosterol.
Part used can be used of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia): Stem, Roots, and Leaves.
Giloy Benefits for Immunity (Tinospora Cordifolia) & More:
- Giloy Benefits for Immunity: Giloy is termed as a universal herb that helps boost immunity naturally, and is considered as a powerhouse of antioxidants that fight free-radicals, keep your cells healthy, and get rid of diseases. It helps in the elimination of toxins, purifies blood, fights bacteria that cause diseases and also combats liver diseases, and urinary tract infections. The herb also help to cure even severe infectious diseases of bones, lungs, intestines, blood disorders, intermittent fever and dysfunctions of the liver.
- Improves Metabolism: Giloy works wonder in building a stronger digestive system. It improves the functioning of the liver by its deepan (appetizer), pachan (digestive) properties, and immunes body against hyperacidity, colitis, worm infestations, etc. Also, it relieves abdominal pain, cramps, vomiting, weakness, loss of appetite, etc.
- Improves Eyesight: Giloy is rich in antioxidants which is great for your eyes. It contains lutein that help in improving your eyesight and keeping your eyes healthy.
- Stress Management: Giloy contains aqueous, acetone, alcoholic properties that show anti-stress activity and Pyrrolidine isolated from the ethylacetate extract of T. Cordifolia that improves central nervous system, reduces stress, anxiety, depression, etc. It can cross the blood brain barrier, and has the power to enhance memory and cognitive functions.
- Work as Detoxifier: Giloy eliminates harmful toxins from the blood and improves complexion and luster of the skin. It contains anti-aging, anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, acne, blemishes, etc.
- Treat Chronic Fever, and Prolonged Cough: Giloy is anti-pyretic in nature, as it increases the blood count and fights against various bacteria, viruses. Even severe conditions like dengue, malaria, jaundice, can be relieved by consuming giloy. It clears the obstruction of the respiratory tract and provide relief from cough, asthma, and other respiratory diseases.
- In Rheumatoid Arthritis: The herb act as anti-inflammatory and suppresses the inflammation by inhibiting the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines (molecules that promote inflammation). It improves a digestive system and prevent the formation of ama in the body, by which a person can get relief from severe pain, twitching, tenderness, redness, etc.
- Treats Allergic Rhinitis: Allergic Rhinitis is a condition in which a person is suffer from nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, red and watery eyes, headache, etc. As giloy work as Tridoshahara, it calms the aggravated doshas and clear the obstructed passage, by which a person can get relief from symptoms.
- Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: The chemical constituents of giloy regulates insulin in certain ways. Regular intake of the herb can improve the blood circulation, support the functioning of liver, pancreas, and balance the production and secretion of the hormones.
- Reduces Pain: Giloy contains anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, which makes it crucial for relieving pain and inflammation during arthritis and gout. Due to its analgesic nature, it reduces burning sensation, and is also found beneficial in reducing joint and muscle pain, thereby reducing the chances of chronic autoimmune inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
- Heart disease: Giloy help in clear the obstruction of the arteries and has positive impact on cardiac conditions such as angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, ischemic heart diseases and certain arrhythmias. Antioxidants properties of giloy helps strengthen the heart muscles and prevent lipid build up in the blood vessels and hence reduce the risk of heart attacks, heart blocks, blood clots, etc.
Giloy Preparations at home:
- When Giloy is taken with jaggery, it helps to relieve severe constipation also.
- The combination of giloy and sugar candy (unprocessed sugar) is helpful to balance aggravated Pitta dosha and provide relief from skin diseases, gastritis, dizziness, liver disorders etc.
- Giloy when taken with castor oil is very useful in relieving gout.
- Giloy with ginger powder is useful in rheumatoid arthritis.
How to much of Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia) Can Use:
- Giloy Stem Powder : 1 to 3 grams
- Giloy Stem Water : 60 ml to 100 ml
- Giloy Stem Extract : 250 mg to 500 mg
- Giloy Stem Juice : 3 ml to 5 ml
- Giloy Satva : 250 mg to 1000 mg
- Giloy Leaves Powder : 1 to 3 grams
- Giloy Leaves Juice : 5 ml to 10 ml
Ayurvedic Formulations of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia):
- Giloy Ghan Vati : 1-2 tablets twice daily after meals
- Giloy Satav : 2-3 tablespoons after or before meals
- Giloy Extract Capsule : 1-2 capsules twice daily after meals
- Giloy Churna : 1/2 -1 teaspoonful twice daily with honey or lukewarm water
- Giloy Kwath : 1-2 tablespoons after or before meals.
Statutory warning: Self-medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.
If you looking for the best Ayurveda Treatment Or Health Consultation on your health-related issue? Our Ayurveda experts are ready to help you and provide you free online distance consultation and you can consult from home. Contact us now