Virechana therapy is an effective panchkarma treatment in ayurveda; It is a medicated purgation therapy aims at purifying & detoxify the whole body, It is mainly used for ‘pitta‘ disorders. It requires pre and post procedures regimes for proper detoxification and cleansing the body.
Virachan therapy is cleansing the whole body from excess pitta accumulation in the body, removing the toxins and purifying the blood. The Virechan therapy focuses on the toxins accumulated in the liver and gall bladder, so cleansing the gastrointestinal tract properly.
Virechan Therapy mentioned in the Charaka Samhita that it is the best procedure for treating the diseases arising from vitiation of pitta dosha. Panchkarma Virechan Treatment aims at cleansing the sweat glands, small intestine, stomach, colon, kidneys, liver & spleen.
Procedure of Virechan Therapy
In Virechana therapy, vitiated doshas and toxins are eliminated through the anal rectum. The therapy involves intake of herbal medicated ghrit for seven days that destroy the toxins and vitiated doshas from the body and accumulate it to the abdomen. As Pitta is situated at the level of intestines, it is the best way to expel all toxins through the anal route. Herbal Ghrit which ar made for virechan therapy may vary from person to person and their body Prakriti and depending on the digestion strength. During the Virechan Procedure, the patient will be subjected to oral intake of herbal ghrit followed by abhyanga and Sweden. A strict diet plan and lifestyle also need to follow during this procedure and post seven days.
Virechan Therapy Plan
The Virechana therapy procedures will be planned depending on the patient symptoms like body & mind constitution, person age, mental condition, Physical capacity, and emotional stability.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Virechan Therapy
- Virechan Therapy detoxifies the body from vitiated Pitta Dosha.
- It Eliminates toxin accumulation in the gastrointestinal tract
- It cleanses & detoxifies your body from poisoning.
- Virechan is a very useful therapy for weight management.
- Virechan is very beneficial mild and chronic skin disorders.
- Virechan is a very effective treatment for constipation, piles, ulcers, acidity, Psoriasis, liver diseases, and jaundice.
- It relieves headaches, pain in the large intestine and non-healing wounds.
- It also helps to manage diabetes, asthma and heart diseases.
- Virechan is also beneficial in gynecological disorders.
- It is an effective therapy that can cure a lot of health problems in natural and without any side effect.
Duration of procedure: Total 10 Days
- First 5-7 days for snehpan (Oleation) but further depends on person to person.
- 8th & 9th Day for Abhyangam followed by Sweden (Steam)
- On 10th Day patient need to come early morning arround 7:00 am. Procedure start from Abhyangam & Swedan and then ayurvedic practitioner will give ayurvedic herbs to patient to induce the purgation. This Procedure will take 3 to 4 hours to complete.
- After Virechan Procedure patient has to follow strict diet & lifestyle at least for the next 7 Days.
Who can take Virechan Therapy
Who can take Virechan Therapy: Any adult person can take this therapy as this is cleansing & detoxification procedure and very helpful to rejuvenate and detoxify the entire body, mind & soul. In ancient time kings and vaidya regularly taking this therapy to keep themselves healthy, disease-free and to live long.