Female Infertility Care in Ayurveda
Infertility is defined as the inability to get pregnant and give birth to a child is impaired or limited in some way. For heterosexual couples (man and woman), this condition is usually diagnosed after one year of trying to get pregnant (but may be diagnosed sooner depending on other factors). For heterosexual couples, it was noticed that one third of causes of infertility are due to a male problem, one third are due to a female problems, and one third are due to combination or unknown reasons, and when the cause of the infertility is found to come from the female partner, it’s considered female infertility or “female factor” infertility.
Women’s body carries a limited number of eggs with the progress in reproductive years, the eggs lacking in Quality and numbers. After the age of 30 years the chances of having a baby decrease by 3% – 5%. The reduction in fertility is found to extend after the age of 40 years. Infertility does not mean that you can never have a baby. But, Ayurveda offers effective Female Infertility Treatment.
Causes of Infertility:
- Damage or blockage to Fallopian Tubes: The Fallopian tube that carries the egg when it gets blocked or damaged prevents the contact between the Egg and sperm. The fallopian tube also gets damaged due to Pelvic infections endometriosis, sexually transmitted infections and pelvic allergies.
- Hormonal Causes: Some women encounter ovulation problems due to hormonal changes. Hormonal changes responsible for releasing the eggs from the ovary and thickening of the endometrium for preparing the fertilized eggs do not occur.
- Cervical Causes: Many women face a cervical condition that hinders the passage of sperm through the cervical canal which may result in any previous surgical procedure or abnormal production of mucus.
- Failure to Ovulate: The common reason for women not able to conceive is due to ovulation disorders, and fortunately these can be treated by Ayurvedic medicines.
- Lifestyle factors and personal habits impact health in some or other ways. However, these factors can be regulated to increase the conceiving ability and overall health of an individual.
- Diet and Exercise: Proper diet and appropriate exercise are very helpful for optimal reproductive functioning. Women who are overweight or underweight find a problem in conceiving.
- Smoking: Smoking lowers the sperm count in men and while in women smoking causes risk of miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight babies and reduces the chances of conceiving.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol leads to birth defects in babies or fetal alcohol syndrome due to the high level of alcohol in the mother’s blood.
- Drugs: The use of drugs is very harmful to pregnant women or while trying to conceiving.
We at Deep Ayurveda have developed a unique protocol for female infertility treatment of defective parameters related to ovulation, size, and quality of eggs, follicle maturation, and rupture, polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalance very effectively. The medicine and the appropriate Panchakarma therapies help detoxify and regenerate the cells thereby enhancing their functions.